Once your migraine subsides, you might feel out of commission for the rest of the day. Some patients report feeling fatigued, confused or even elated. Avoid moving your head sharply as this can trigger more pain.4
How to Get Relief from Your Headache
While headaches are an unfortunate part of life for many people, there are ways to find relief from your symptoms.
Relief from Tension Headaches
Reducing stress and tension is the best way to prevent and treat a tension headache. We recommend the following:2
- Maintaining a regular sleep schedule
- Exercising every day for at least 30 minutes
- Eating regularly and not skipping meals
- Avoiding headache triggers, such as certain foods and lack of sleep
- Resting in a quiet, dark environment as needed
- Yoga, massages, mediation and other stress management techniques
- Excedrin Tension Headache Relief
Excedrin Tension Headache Relief provides fast relief for head, neck and shoulder pain associated with stress and tension. It contains acetaminophen and caffeine, a trusted formulation for headache relief. Excedrin Tension Headache Relief is not indicated for the treatment of migraine.
Relief from Migraine Headaches
While you can’t cure a migraine, there are ways to alleviate your symptoms and prevent them in the first place, including:5
- Limiting or avoiding triggers
- Resting in a quiet, dark room as needed
- Relaxation techniques
- Avoiding TV or other screens as needed
- A cold pack or cool cloth on the painful areas
- Excedrin Migraine Medication
Excedrin Migraine Medication—with acetaminophen, aspirin and therapeutically active caffeine—is the #1 Neurologist Recommended OTC migraine treatment approved by the FDA for migraine relief.*
*Among OTC medicine for migraines.