4 WAYS EXERCISE REDUCES STRESS
Why hitting the gym has a positive effect.
- Strohle, Andreas. Physical Activity, Exercise, Depression, and Anxiety Disorders. Journal of Neural Transmission, June 2009, Vol. 116, issue 6, pp 777-784.http://link.springer.com/article/10.1007%2Fs00702-008-0092-x
- Hamer et al. Physical Activity, Stress Reduction, and Mood: Insights into Immunological Mechanisms. Psychoneuroimmunology Methods in Molecular Biology Volume 934, 2012, pp 89 102.http://link.springer.com/protocol/10.1007%2F978-1-62703-071-7_5
- Salmon, Peter. Effects of Physical Exercise on Anxiety, Depression, and Sensitivity to Stress – A Unifying Theory. Clinical Psychology Review, Vol. 21, No. 1, Feb 2001, pp 33–61, 2001.http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S027273589900032X
- Intlekofer, K. and Cotma, C. Exercise Counteracts Declining Hippocampal Function in Aging and Alzheimer’s Disease. Neurobiology of Disease, Vol. 57, Sept. 2003, pp 47-55.http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0969996112002264
- Yang, P., et al. Exercise Training Improves Sleep Quality in Middle-Aged and Older Adults with Sleep Problems: A Systematic Review. Journal of Physiotherapy, Vol. 58, No. 3. Sept. 2012: pp 157-163.http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1836955312701066